Thursday, August 21, 2008

A Noteworthy Post For My Uncommon Man

Okay people, this post is about to get really sappy. So, if you don't like all things sugary, honeyed and oozing with love, You might want to just back your little self right out of this blog. This post is for you Matt, and for anyone else who wants a glimpse at a few of the wonderful reasons I love you.

August 21,1991, a very special day in the history of my life,I'm sure the sun was shining brighter and the birds were singing sweeter. You and I started "officially" dating. Yes, "officially", meaning our parents drove us around for our dates since neither of us could drive at 15 years old!! You are the love of my life and I wouldn't change one thing about us or our journey from teenage sweethearts to young newlyweds, then parents, to the thirty somethings we are today.

We are proof that it dosen't have to be the"perfect marriage" to be worth it. We are definitely a "worth it" marriage. Matt, Thankyou for loving me and for your commitment to me. You are a gem and I look forward to all that life will bring and all that God's love will see us through.

Shannon's "Top 100 Favorite Things About My Husband" list (in no particular order)
  1. You are kind.
  2. You have green eyes.
  3. You put gas in my van.
  4. You follow Christ.
  5. Your sense of direction.
  6. You understand my simplicity.
  7. You laugh at my goofiness.
  8. You are my personal "book of facts."
  9. The way you squirt whip cream straight from the bottle into your mouth.
  10. You believe in my abilities, way more than I do.
  11. You enjoy long drives.
  12. Your hospitable.
  13. The way you pray.
  14. The way you grill steak.
  15. Your strong.
  16. Your love of trains.
  17. You smell good.
  18. You care about friendship.
  19. Your evil laugh.
  20. Your love of the outdoors.
  21. You admit when your wrong.
  22. Your a playful daddy.
  23. You encourage my passions.
  24. Your a gentleman.
  25. Your gift of music.
  26. Your desire for a close family.
  27. The way you kiss.
  28. Your fun.
  29. Your nerdy side.
  30. Your pyro side.
  31. Your chiseled jaw.
  32. You love me on my ugly days.
  33. You like Chinese food.
  34. You are adventureous.
  35. You dress nice.
  36. You are a pick-up man.
  37. You take pride in supporting your family.
  38. Your willingness to lead.
  39. You are diverse.
  40. Your hands.
  41. The way you held our babies.
  42. Your love of animals.
  43. You lavish me with complements.
  44. Your spontanious.
  45. You'll watch chic flicks. (I won't tell anyone)
  46. Your an encourager.
  47. Your romantic.
  48. Your inner meterologist.
  49. Your bum.
  50. Your love of roller coasters and all things speedy.
  51. Your thoughtful.
  52. You like to snuggle.
  53. You can fix things.
  54. Your hunger for The Word.
  55. That you were at my side for the birth of our sons.
  56. Your sweet-tooth.
  57. The way you pamper me.
  58. Your competitiveness.
  59. You say sorry.
  60. You watch cartoons and laugh out loud at them.
  61. You call me from work just to say "hi."
  62. Your affectionate.
  63. The little boy in you.
  64. Your predictable.
  65. Your unpedictable.
  66. You challenge me.
  67. You don't understand my complexities.
  68. Your on my side.
  69. You help maintain our home.
  70. You have let the power of God's love change you, and you have let me watch.
  71. You let me be me.
  72. You write me letters.
  73. Your a decision maker.
  74. The way you talk to the boys.
  75. The way you look in a suit and tie.
  76. The way you look in comfy clothes.
  77. You do things that I like to do.
  78. Your cluelessness about girly things.
  79. Your voice. (singing and speaking)
  80. You play guitar.
  81. The way you rub your hands together when your excited.
  82. The way you look in a hat.
  83. Your understanding of science.
  84. Benjamin John Missey
  85. Elijah Matthew Missey
  86. Samuel Josiah Missey
  87. Your work ethic.
  88. Your very protective of us.
  89. The way you can't keep a surprise.
  90. You show me constellations.
  91. You try new things.
  92. You like to "remember when" with me.
  93. Your heart for worship.
  94. The way you hold my hand.
  95. Our inside jokes.
  96. The cowboy in you.
  97. Your tenderness.
  98. Your support.
  99. Your broad shoulders.
  100. You love me for me. That' s right babe, these things made "Top 100" but you know this list could go on and on. Happy 17 years together!!! I love you.

To anyone else who read through this - I warned you, so get your head out of the toilet and stop puking.

2 comments:

-M said...

What can I say, I love you too! I cannot believe you came up with 100 things wow! So that's why you were so protective about this post hehe. Happy 17 years baby! I love you. I look forward to the next 17 years!

Anonymous said...

No toilets or puking here. Two wadded up kleenexes and a very, very proud Mom.

To Matt my dear Son-in-law,
I have always told people that if I could have hand-picked the man I want for my precious daughter,to love and cherish and share life with, I would have picked YOU. God knew.

Happy 17 years together and many, many more. I am so happy that you keep my daughter happy. Bless you Matt and Shannon.(Sorry I just had to add to the "sap". )