Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Deep Thoughts And Talking Salad

Okay,I must confess I am just a tad bit jealous that my dear hubby was able to go up in a small cessna with our good friend Derek Kalista!! Derek finished flight training and now he's a "real" pilot, way to go Derek!!! Matt took some really awesome pictures during their flight and I could'nt help but ponder how small we must look to our almighty God. I know what your thinking, "Great, she's pondering again." But, for real, this time I was actually having mature grown-up ponders, well minus the singing cucumber and tomato, "My God is so big so strong and so mighty, there's nothing my God cannot do.....woohoo......."
It just seems like so often I let life bog me down and block my view of God's size and power. The deficieny is in my own faith. I forget that He who is in me is greater than he who is in the world,1 John 4:4. Why can't I grasp the significance of this? An all-powerful God defies my imagination. All-powerful refering to God being able to do anything He wants to do, being the source of all power, physical and spiritual, posessing perfect, sovereign power. Great is our Lord and mighty in power;his understanding has no limit.Psalm147:5
This powerful God is on our side friend, He really cares, He really is in control, He really brings good out of adversity. No problem or person is all-powerful. Only God. The odds in our favor are limitless.
So sing on cucumbers, let it fly talking tomatoes......My God is so big, so strong and so mighty, there's nothing my God cannot do........
F*Y*I Our house is on the center street 5th one up from the botttom. The one that looks like a stalk of broccoli is in the yard. funny.

No comments: