Thursday, April 23, 2009

My Baby, He's A Chippewa


"Ben, how did you get that bruise on your forehead?"
"What bruise?"
I inspect him closely, his chin is in my hands and I'm perplexed as to how my child has bruises and I have no idea where he got them. "Did you hit your head on something a few days ago or were you drawing outside with sidewalk chalk?"
"No."
"You've got bruises on your cheeks and forehead, honey, what did you do?"
"Let me go see."
Ben calling out from bathroom," Oh that? I rubbed dandelions on my face."
(That was gonna be my next guess) Me shouting back, "Whadja do that for?"
"We were playing indians and I used dandelions for war paint."
(Makes sense to me.)
Me laughing," Come here and let me take your picture."
"Mom, are you going to put this on your blog?"

No comments: