Friday, September 26, 2008

"International Harvester"

I'm a God fearin' hard workin' combine driver
hoggin' up the road on my p-p-p-plower
chug a lug a lugn' 5 miles an hour
on my International Harvester.



Went to Eckert's orchard today, the first day of fall, although it was feeling a bit more like summer. The boys picked three bags full of apples, so they will be coming out of our ears over the next few weeks. I always like taking the kids apple picking, it has become a tradition at the start of fall. I don't think we have missed one year since B has been born. Warm sunshine on your back, little boys all around you trying to find the biggest apples, my hubby's hand in mine, (when he was through picking his own apples, of course, and have no doubt he found the biggest ones. Big apples for a big kid.) While life on the road with Matt was an unforgettable trip, it is so good to be back home taking care of my three little people and picking apples.


No comments: