Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Far Removed


Here it is folks, a place so far away from home, a beautiful place called The Grand Canyon, a place where the earth worships the Lord. To see this with my eyes was an honor. I will still remember this day when I am 100 years old. We stopped here on Sunday on our way to Vegas. The Lord's timing was perfect because we were able to watch the sunset here and then see the full moon rise up over the canyon. This experience was so unbelieveable. It didn't look real. There aren't enough adjectives in the thesaurus to describe to anyone what this sight looked like or how it made me feel. In our simple language the words that come to mind are amazing, astounding, magnificent, miraculous, astonishing, phenomenal........and even as these words tumbled around in my brain I stood there at the canyon edge completely speechless. (Yes, it's true I was speechless.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In my mind's eye, I stood on the edge of the canyon trying to see what you saw. The sun setting, the full moon rising, the Grand Canyon. A true portrait of God's imagination at work. I know you know this feeling.........the one where you are just as happy that your child gets to see or do something that you have always wanted to do..........well this is one of those times for me. I am SO excited for you to be there to behold this magnificent, wondrous creation of our God. I am as happy as if I were there myself. And perhaps in time our Lord God will direct my path to see it with my own real eyes.