Friday, June 20, 2008

A New Birthday 6-20-08

Before I made you in your mother's womb, I choose you. Before you were born,I set you apart for a special work. Jeremiah 1:5
Long before I ever even had a thought of Benjamin, the Lord knew of this very night. A night when Ben would make a decision to ask Jesus to come and live inside his heart. Tonight Matt lead Ben in saying a prayer for salvation, I stood beside him and held onto Ben's hands. I know that my little boy's life has a place in God's kingdom for all eternity. The angels are rejoicing in heaven tonight and this mom's heart is so grateful for the cross. In all the ways that I will fail my children, grace will fall on me, and to know that the very boy I have given back to Jesus over and over again will now have the same grace fall on him, it is so much for my heart. Thankyou Jesus for your saving love and for the greatest privledge I've ever recieved, being your daughter.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My spirit soars. Nothing could be more wonderful news today than this! My heart swells with love for you Shannon and your precious children. And today especially for Benjamin. I don't know how Jesus could love us any more than I love you right now, but somehow He does! Hallelujah and praise His name! Happy Re-birthday Benjamin! Love Mom/Mema